Mediasuite Terms and Conditions (please see below for Music Centre Terms and Conditions)
By using this site you agree to the Terms and Conditions of use of UEA Equipment.
Please insure that all technical inductions are attended prior to booking equipment or you may be refused.
You should particularly note that persons borrowing University property:
· remain responsible for its safe keeping at all times
· will be liable for the £1000 excess in the event of an insurance claim
· will be liable for the full replacement cost of the equipment if it is lost or damaged in circumstances where the insurance conditions have not been met, e.g if it is stolen from an unattended vehicle or lost or damaged through carelessness, deliberate or otherwise.
Please note new registrations can take 24 hours
UEA Music Centre: Practice Rooms – Terms and Conditions of Use - 2020-21
The Practice Rooms will need to be subject to a strict booking system to ensure they are COVID safe. This will be a considerable change for those used to using them on an open access basis. Please adhere closely to these rules to avoid the risk of the Practice Rooms being shut down.
Booking a Practice Room
Practice Rooms are open 09:00- 21:00 Monday to Friday and 09.00-17.00 Saturday and Sunday (excluding customary and statutory holidays).
All rooms must be booked 24 hours in advance. For weekend bookings you will also need to make sure that you book before 4pm on a Friday.
Usage is capped at 5 hours per week, to ensure everyone has access.
Only those signed up to use the Practice Rooms are permitted to use the Practice Rooms (i.e. do not bring in any guests).
Practice Rooms are strictly single occupancy, there must be no more than one person in each room.
Each booking will be for one hour only and no adjacent bookings will be accepted.
You must use only the specific Practice Room you have booked and only at the specific time you have booked.
Using the Practice Rooms
You must open your Practice Room window while you are in occupation, and shut it afterwards.
Only arrive at the
Music Centre at the time you have booked a Practice Room and do not
congregate either in the Music Building foyer or in the Practice Wing
You should wear a face covering (unless you are medically exempt) when moving around the Music Centre and in any communal areas, in line with UEA policy.
Singing is once again permitted in the Practice Rooms, however you must pay careful attention to ensuring the room is well ventilated while in use by opening the window.
The rooms will be cleaned twice a day, but each user must also:
· Wipe down piano keys, door handles, window handle, seats, usage signs and any other touch points before and after use. Wipes are provided in black, wall mounted Wipe Pods in the Practice Room corridor.
· Us the hand sanitiser provided in the wall mounted dispensers.
· No amplification of any kind may be used in the Practice Rooms.
· Do not bring any food or drink into the practice block. If you do so, your access may be revoked.
· Turn the usage sign to ‘in use’ when using the room and back to ‘free’ when you leave the room.
· Ensure the doors are closed properly, when practicing.
· Do not remove music stands, piano stools or chairs from the practice block.
· Do not, under any circumstances, prop the door to the practice wing open.
· Do not attempt to move the pianos.
· Turn off the lights and close piano lids and windows, when leaving rooms.
Please be aware that the Music Centre Reception is closed. Please report any problems with the rooms or pianos to email@example.com.